Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The return of the morose anonymous


I've been trying to keep this blog light{er}.

Since 2012 started the Sudanese economy has been coming to a grinding halt. The brain drain is terrifying, our currency is devaluing at an astonishing rate and life is becoming harder and harder every day. Sugar prices spiked and talk of petrol prices further rising. If I, a relatively wealthy Sudanese ,am feeling the pinch, imagine what my less fortunate brethren are going through.

I never thought it would come to this but I've been seriously considering leaving with my family elsewhere.

Big deal, people immigrate every day right?

I always saw myself living the rest of my life here.

I feel incredibly guilty about jumping ship just when things got rough but I have my children to think of. I owe them my best effort at a better life.

So one of these days I'll post up about leaving for a bittersweet 'better life'.

Kind of hate myself right now.

1 comment:

  1. sometimes i think we are both crazy to remain the sudans- especially since we have options...

    ReplyDelete